Working to address access to quality health care across the life span, including before, during and between pregnancies.
Recommendation 1: Increase awareness and utilization of health care services by pregnant african american women.
- Facilitate women getting early care in pregnancy.
- Develop a communications system for accessing and educating the public on current programs and resources.
- Enhance programs that utilize family support workers (home visitation programs).
Recommendation 2: Increase the number of women receiving preconception and inter-conception care.
- Increase family planning utilization and knowledge.
- Increase the number of women with a primary care practitioner.
Recommendation 3: Increase the number of health care providers in the local neighborhood community that provide women’s health and maternal/child health care.
- Provide a practitioner in local neighborhood clinics, wic offices, and similar appropriate locations.